Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Saga #4 - Review



The Will is in need of some rest and relaxation, and travels to a world where any sexual desire is possible. Marko and Alana explore their pasts a little more thoroughly, and end up face to face with a danger so great, even Marko might have to make a final stand.

This is one of those books where, every time an issue comes out, I have to find a new way to say how incredible it is. Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples have already proven that Saga is a force to be reckoned with, but this issue gives us a bit more. We get more of Marko’s back-story, and a bit of how far The Will is willing to go when it comes to morality.

If there’s something I can give just to Staples, it’s that this issue is full of very original and very dense material. The brothel planet alone must have taken a level of imagination that I’m not prepared to venture into.

I mean that in the best way possible.

I would write more, but I feel like I’d be doing the book a disservice if I tried to drag this out. It’s a knockout. It’s an issue that I read twice in a row, once for the story, once for the art, and now I’m tempted to read it again after writing this.

Saga is an example of a comic that makes you feel like you should have paid twice the amount for it.

RATING: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment