Tuesday, January 4, 2011

iPad + Digital Comics = Fun

I'm still not 100% convinced about digital reading technology, but I've been looking at my options when the chances present themselves. Recently, a good friend of mine introduced me to the iPad. The first time I had ever held one, played with one, and since it's so important to the content of this site, viewed a digital comic book on one.

The comic I viewed I can't name, because I never saw the cover. But the pages and panels were fantastic. It also has a feature where the comic book is sort of animated and each panel is framed into the screen the way it's intended to be viewed. So if you have a panel of a wide shot, the screen goes into a dramatic widescreen mode.

On one hand it does save trees and paper from being used in publishing. On the other, I can't put it on my shelf or have it with me unless I've got a steady supply of battery or electrical outlets.

The iPad is still pretty pricey, but if this sort of technology ever becomes affordable I think I'll be inching my ink soaked fingers toward one.


No comments:

Post a Comment