Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Green Lantern: The Animated Series - 2011

A Bright Day is Coming . . .


Bruce Timm, the legendary American animator behind the DC Comics Animated Universe and producer of award wining series like "Batman: The Animated Series," is now tackling the Green Lantern mythos in an animated series this year.

I'm a huge fan of both Timm and Green Lantern, and I have to say I'm more excited for this animated series than I am for the movie. The show won't follow the plot line of the movie, and will focus more on the actual comics. I remember reading an interview with Timm where he said that he'd always wanted to do a big, sci-fi Green Lantern show, but that he could never get it off the ground. With the release of the movie, Timm has finally been given the "green light," so to speak.

I think this is probably the best way to approach the story and characters. It's such a rich universe and material, and I feel like the movie, at least from the trailers, is trying to appeal to an audience that I'm not a part of as a dedicated GL fan. Timm writes/produces/directs superhero animated narratives with heart and soul, which is what I expect to see from the "Green Lantern" show he'll be producing this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment