Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nook'n' About Town

I've always been a fan of reading something on an actual page. There's something really special about having the actual weight of a book, along with the cover and physical pages, that makes it something unique to carry around. That being said, I can't understand why I'm so interested in getting a Nook lately.



I went through this same thing about a half a year ago, when I wanted a Kindle. I'm a huge fan of amazon.com, and would most likely tattoo the logo on my rear if I got drunk enough. The thing that really intrigues me about the Nook is that it apparently is really good for handling manga.

Now I won't say I condone pirating *puts on an eye patch and paper hat,* but when I can't get literature and media in my country and have to rely on other people translating it, well, I don't have much of a choice. And this would make it a whole lot simpler to read graphic novels written and downloaded from other countries on a book-like device, rather than a computer screen.

Any thoughts from anyone else on this subject? Would the Kindle be just as good and I just haven't heard anything? Spill the details like BP spills oil!

I'm doing my research and keeping my options open. I treat media like I treat women - loving every aspect of them and then keeping them on a shelf to show off to people.

...

Only kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment